Do you like to laugh? Dance? Cheer? Yeah, we thought so. Here's how we plan to make that happen for you. Want to entertain for us?
Treasure Hunt by Pyrates Accord according to the Pyrates Code (which is rather more like guidelines) will be announced soon!
10/4/2010: The entertainment schedule is now available!
- Barnacle & Scuttlebutt - The Silly Sailors - Improv Comedy at its bestest - you never know what to expectest!
- EBBD/Ees'aBella BellyDance -an American Tribal Style/Synchronized Group Improvisational performing tribe
- Faire Wynds - Eric and Susan Scites of Faire Wynds Entertainments bring to the faire a number of different shows throughout the day. From their historically-based traveling family show "Humanity At It's Best", featuring fire-eating, mentalism, magic and comedy, to their newest family-friendly comedy show "Ye Ode Medicine Show and Flea Circus"! A hilarious look at the entertainments and cures of the past, along with a look at the 14th century vermin shows with the greatest little show on earth, "Virginia's Vermin"! 5 highly trained fleas for your pleasure and amusement! Yep, we're here to show you how to raise and train your fleas! We believe that if you give a flea a skill, he won't have time to go wandering the countryside spreading plague and disease! Each show is different, so you might want to plan on just spending the whole day at the faire to catch ALL of the action on ALL of the stages! And remember our motto: if we're not the people on stage, you're probably not watching our show!
- Lord Drake's Mystical Magic - An illusionist with a flair & surprise who also runs the Blue Guard Jail for those who don't applaud!
- Peter Geldes, The Juggling Pyro - Are you ready for an exciting and entertaining show? Juggling fire and sharp objects make it a good day, but throw in a laugh or two and that makes it great! When you add danger and the potential for bodily harm, you may never leave!
- Rakset al-Nehri - a folkloric Near Eastern dance troupe through the Shire of Dark River within the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA). We create dances which reflect the types of folkloric dances that could have been performed between 600 - 1600 in the Near Eastern regions.
- Trinket - This new trio of longtime RenFaire veterans brings high-energy, rousing songs (many original) to any stage or pub.
- The Vexing Vixens - bawdy balladier singing wenches!
- William & Blackjack - Dragon Stories
- ...more to be added! (Performers, make sure you get your description and website link to our webmaster so this site can be updated!)
In the Lanes / Street Performers / Village Characters
There is an "interactive" element to Renaissance festivals that you won't find at a typical outdoor event. Strolling the lanes will be dozens of costumed characters to interact and entertain you while you are between stages.
- "Lucky Ned & Bonny Cate" Morgan, the King & Queen of the Pirates. This piratical pair will plunder your funny bone - look for them in the village lanes!
- The Blue Guard Jail - Arrest warrants $3.00
- Captain Merrydeath will be joining the 4K fest with her pirate crew articles. Join the crew of the Fools Gold pirates and get a souvenir article with your name on it, to show the world you have pirateitude. The articles are faithful reproductions of 1600 documents and a splash of edutainment too! Join us on Facebook for more info.
- Firemoon the Faery - Do YOU believe in Fairies?
- The Forking Queen - After fleeing from the pirates, The Forking Queen is returning to do knighting and princess ceremonies, where children and adults will receive a certificate with their name on it and a golden fork with a royal gem on it, and be ready for you own personal ceremony! Ask to see "Pinkie" and her troll friends. Look for lots of fun when you come to visit The Forking Queen, because you never know what gifts she may bestow on you, and she also loves to have fun!
- Gerald, son of Per - Minstrel, playing Medieval & Renaissance music on recorders and on the Tabor Pipe and Drum.
- Gustave Doctain - Wandering pirate.
- ...more to be added! (Villagers, make sure you get your description and website link to our webmaster so this site can be updated!)
- Mistress Anice - the wandering wench that'll warm your cockles... for a price!
- Stulto Mori - Royal Entourage & Noble Court
Encampments / Living History / Demos
- Association for Renaissance Martial Arts QC Chapter - historical fencing and Renaissance combat systems demonstrations.
- Diana the Spinner - Wool Spinning Wonder Woman!
- Gryphon Poursuivant - Cannons, pole arms, balistas, re-enactment
- Redbeard the Blacksmith - Interactive demonstrations for children and the child in the adult. Feel what it's like to strike hot metal with a real blacksmiths hammer! Redbeard may even help you hammer out your own lucky horse shoe!
- Royal Army of Comstock - Royal Court for His Majesty King Henry VIII. They offer a living history encampment
with live demonstrations throughout the day. Live combat shows demonstrating the fighting tactics used during the Wars of the Roses, as well as nobility and royalty based around that of the Tudors.
- Warwick - The Warwick Living History Corporation is a volunteer not-for-profit living history (re-enactment) educational organization structured to develop a strong community of Archers, Artisans, Combatants, and Historic Performers for further education in Worldly Culture, primarily through the use of live action historical programming, otherwise referred to as living history.