About the Faire
The Wikipedia entry defines a Renaissance Festival as "an outdoor weekend gathering ... which emulates a historic period for the amusement of its guests." For 2010, the Four Kingdoms event expands beyond the traditional European Renaissance motif by adding a full-on pirate theme. From historical reenactors and living history encampments, to Hollywood-inspired piratey antics, this event will offer two days of family friendly fun and entertainment (and maybe some edgier stuff just for the grown ups). Even if a little bit of "history" spills over, the major focus of this event is to provide you and your friends/family with two days of ongoing stage and improv entertainment.
If you have never attended a Renaissance festival before, this page might help you out.
- 2005 - Four Kingdoms Renaissance Festival launched.
- 2006 - Viking Boat Rides - Raiding, Pillaging & Plundering - No one drowns!
- 2007 - Andorra Knighting Ceremony begins - No heads cut off!!
- 2008 - Best Booth Contest held - Winner & contest under investigation!!!
- 2009 - Celtic Highland Games outperform National Highland Games by a stone's throw!!!!!
- 2010 - By Royal Decree & Pryate Accord (the code is more what you call guidelines) the name becomes Four Kingdoms Renaissance & Pyrate Faire
The 2010 event is produced by SwordInTheStone Prod UnLtd, and hosted by Camelot KOA Campgrounds.